please tell me i'm not the only one that stocks up on groceries when there is a good sale?
this little habit along with very giving grandparents has resulted in very full freezers and pantry
so i am challenging myself to shop my pantry and freezer for the next two weeks and
maybe even stretch it to three weeks?!
- in the next two week only milk / almond milk can be bought
- cook as clean as possible with the ingredients we have on hand
- use veggies that are growing in the garden
- be creative & go with the flow
- no eating out if i don't feel like cooking
i have found a few new recipes on pinterest that i hope to make.
so here is this weeks menu
monday - at my moms for canada day celebrations!
tuesday - bbq chicken quinoa salad
wednesday - create your own rice bowl :: a few different chicken rice bowl ideas here, here and here
thursday - tex mex mac and cheese :: using frozen chili and mixing it with homemade mac and cheese
friday - friends wedding!
saturday - crock pot chicken
so there are two cheat days but that's ok!
our lunches will be left overs from the day before.