February 15, 2012

marriage on my mind: Marigold Road

happy wednesday to you! hope the middle of the week is treating you well.
i am so excited to have Mindy from Marigold Road here today to share for {marriage on my mind}
I'm Mindy, bride to my high school sweetheart, and mother to Wilder & Story. I launched my blog, MarigoldRoad, 4 years ago to chronicle my first pregnancy. Now I write to motivate women to embrace their self-worth. I also blog my motherhood journey in real and applicable ways, whilst including baking/craftiness for the visually intrigued. My Etsy shop offers handmade wool felt headbands, hoop art, yarn wreaths, and jewelry, most of which incorporate vintage materials, and are crafted in the wee hours of the night. You can also shop there for kitschy mid-century vintage decor & housewares.

what was your favorite part of your wedding day?
My favorite part of the wedding day (8.5 years ago! we were 21 and 22) was getting to see Shawn right before the ceremony, for our couple's pictures. I was really nervous and frazzled, until I saw him. It didn't "jinx" anything for us. It calmed me down so I could walk down the aisle less nervous.
what made your wedding uniquely you?
a bright blue wedding cake!
if you could plan your wedding again what would you do/not do over again?
i wouldn't have done such formal photos; would've let the bridesmaids pick a dress they could REALLY wear again; would've done a receiving line (the pastor talked us out of it); would've had a shorter ceremony; would've had gift baskets for the out-of-town guests; would have EATEN that day!
what advice do you have for a bride planning her wedding?
invest in a quality photographer that is going to put an artistic spin on the photos; make sure the photographer does some fun outdoorsy pictures for the wonderful natural lighting. Also make sure you have comfortable shoes for the reception. And do your makeup the way your normally do it, just with extra sparkle. A random friend did my makeup and it just didn't look like "me".
what advice do you have for a newly wed couple?
go with the flow, roll with the punches, make all you do be about giving your partner the best day ever (every day), don't keep record of wrongs, be respectful
i love your cake so cute! thanks for sharing Mindy!
blog-shop-twitter-facebook-pinterest

be sure to come back next week for more marriage and wedding talk!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a lovely note!